Last week I was nominated for The Creative Blogger Award by a fellow blogger. Thanks, Gome! Check out his blog Reposed Thought, it’s really good. He writes very interesting poetry and takes beautiful photographs.
According to the rules, I have to share five random things about me with the blogosphere. So here I go:
1. My mum recently told me that when I was about two I once asked her “Mum, who is that little girl in your room?” My mum and I were the only people at home at the time and I have no sisters, she was surprised and said that there was no other girl in the house. I insisted she come to see the little girl and when she did I pointed to the mirror and asked her who that was. She patiently had to explain how mirrors worked.
2. In 2009 I attended 6 months of speech therapy at a hospital in Madrid. My voice was not working properly — I don’t even know if that makes sense but for some reason I couldn’t talk and had to go to speech therapy. The exercises were fun but it’s one of the strangest things I’ve ever done.
3. When I was about 7 or 8 I used to love playing at abandoned building sites with my friends. We often pretended to be Power Rangers — I was usually the yellow one but always wanted to be red. Ah, the 90s!
4. When I first arrived in the Netherlands in 2000 and couldn’t speak the language, I made my first friend by making signs with my hands. She was Turkish and had beautiful hair.
5. I don’t understand sarcasm/jokes in text unless people use emoticons or emojis. So please don’t be offended if I take your jokes seriously! xD
I have chosen 5 blogs that I think are worth sharing.
Clothed in Dignity by Camilla Olim — Camilla writes inspirational reflections about God and life. She combines deep reflection on contemporary issues with truth.
Marlute – mijn avonturen bij Wycliffe by Marlute — She writes in Dutch but always provides an English translation. She chronicles her experiences as a translator for Wycliffe in Romania.
CFA Apichella by C. Apichella — Beautiful art and beautiful writing!
Percepções & Reflexões by Sylvia — Translation from Portuguese: Perceptions and Reflections. Sylvia lives in Brazil and is one of the most optimistic and smiley people I’ve ever met. She writes about her daily life, books and other things. Even though it’s all in Portuguese, if you speak a Romance language you can probably make out what it’s all about.
What if you can’t speak the language by Julie Peppiatt — Julie kept this blog when she was in Spain as an Erasmus exchange student. Even though that time has ended, it is still worth looking through her posts for a piece of good writing about Spanish culture seen through the eyes of a British person.
Now it’s your turn. As a nominee, the rules of the Creative Blogger Award, if you so wish to participate, are as follows:
1. Display the Creative Blogger Award logo on your blog.
2. Thank and tag the blog who nominated you.
3. Write 5 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate a minimum of 5 other blogs and let them know.
Thanks for reading!